Why Choose a Life Coach?
Clients come to coaching for a lot of reasons.
- Feeling stuck in a job, a relationship, a place…
- Overwhelm–“My plate is too full”
- I’ve lost my voice—I don’t speak up or speak out when I want to
- I need change. I want something more. Is this all there is? What more is possible for me?
- Change is looming and I’m scared…an empty nest, retirement, parenting, a different job…
- I want to thrive in my business and things are stale….
- I can’t stick with the goals I aspire to!
- I’ve been promoted and YIKES! I’m in over my head!
Life Song’s Clients
Life Song Coaching is expert at empowering confidence and helping individuals find their voices. We specialize working with:
- Aspiring leaders in business and nonprofit organizations
- Mid managers advancing their careers
- Entrepreneurs launching new endeavors
- Men and women in transition–planning retirement, exploring fresh career options or entering new relationships
- And, we love coaching other coaches and those who want to be coach-like
What Sets Coaching Apart
Coaching differs from counseling or therapy. As a client, you identify what is and isn’t working in your life. Your coach helps you focus on what you want to change and on goals you want to achieve.
Your coach doesn’t fix you or diagnose problems. She won’t give advice. She will ask powerful questions to help you identify your passions, and brainstorm ideas to aim you in the direction you want to go.
Together, as equal partners, you and your coach look forward. Together you identify your strengths, knowledge and support systems. You dissect successes you’ve already experienced and use your experience to propel you forward. You make a plan for and choose the path or leap you want to take! Your coach champions you to stay on the path and reach your goals.
How Coaching Works
Coaching is a series of confidential one-to-one conversations by phone or in person, weekly or every other week. Assignments and challenges keep you focused between sessions.
Group coaching offers the experience and impact of coaching in the comfort and camaraderie of a close-knit group of peers with common concerns and goals. Cost is shared among participants.
Is Coaching Right for You?
Go through the questions below. A “yes” answer to any of the questions suggests that coaching could make a difference for you. A “yes” answer to multiple questions make you an ideal candidate for coaching. Contact Life Song today for a free 30 minute sample coaching session to see if we are a good fit for helping you make the changes in your life you are craving!
The Wheel of Life
The sections in the Wheel of Life represent facets of your life. Create a wheel that represents your life at present. Place a mark in each section of the pie representing your current level of satisfaction with that area of your life, rated from 1-10. (1-low, 10-high) Draw a line connecting the dots creating your own wheel. You may add or substitute a category of importance to your wheel, such as volunteerism or community service. Where would you like to increase satisfaction; by how much? Where are you willing to give up something? (When we take on something new, we often have to give up something else.) This exercise can provide insight for possible places to coach and where you might want to focus energy for change.